Tuesday 21 January 2014

Music Magazine Front Cover 1st Draft


This is the first draft for my music magazine front cover. I have followed many of the conventions expected from a magazine cover. I decided to go with the magazine name 'Smashed' as I believe it fits with the rock genre of my magazine as does the colour scheme I have chosen. I decided to go with a white background after looking at some existing magazine covers. By looking at other magazine covers I decided a white background appeared more simple and let the feature stories stick out more. I chose the photo I did because I believe it is the best photo I took and also because it fits with the genre of my magazine from the costume to the pose, which I based of another magazine cover I had seen. I chose the colour scheme black, white and red because I believe those colours go well together and also because they fit with the genre of rock as they are all dark colours, something that is associated with rock. I chose the font because of the smashed effect that it has which fits with the name of my magazine and also because of the rocky feel I get from it. I used a skyline and footer format as I believed they created a good balance on the page. I also placed the barcode and price in the lower right-hand corner so that it is not in the way too much, allowing for more to be put on the magazine cover. I decided to go with the price of £2.50 as I believed that was a reasonable price and I will reflect this when deciding on the amount of pages that will be featured in the magazine. My main feature story was created because of the photo's I have taken which features my cover model holding a clapper board, something that is a associated with the film business. In the future I believe I will need to change my other feature story and add some others because as of now it is just a repeat of my main feature story. I also may need to reduce the size of the barcode because I believe it may be too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment