Tuesday 4 February 2014

Music Magazine Contents Page 1st Draft


This is the first draft of my music magazine contents page. For this draft I focused on trying to follow the main conventions found in a music magazine contents page knowing I could make changes later. The dark red colour I chose for my contents page I believe was a good choice to fit in with my front cover second draft but I believe it will need to be changed to fit more with the third draft of my front cover. The feature storys I have chosen I believe are correct for the headings I have chosen, however I think I will need to add more deatils to a few of the stories to utilise the space better than it has been used on the first draft. I believe my letter from the editor is strong but it may need expanding to feature more text as letters I saw on contents pages were longer. I will look to a veriaty of contents pages and try to make it longer then it is on this draft. I made sure to include all feature advertised on the front cover of the magazine somewhere on the magazine, placing my main feature story seperate from the rest of the feature storys to highlight its importance. I believe most of the pictures I have taken for the contents page are appropriate but I will aim to get a new picture of Will as I believe the clothes he is wearing do not fit with the rock genre. I believe the headings for the page and the placement of the dtae/issue number will need little tweaking as they follow conventions seen in other magazines, such as using the same font as my masthead on my front cover and also placing the date/issue number below the contents header. For my next draft I will also add colours to the background of the sections of my feature storys as right now I believe the look too bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment